<VV> REALITY CHECK

corvairs corvairs at pacifier.com
Wed Feb 18 17:59:31 EST 2009

> Hi folks -

1) Every single idea or suggestion takes time and effort to implement.
There are NO exceptions to this. When someone says "It would be easy
just to do this or do that" it will STILL require someone's time and
effort to do. In most cases it will require MUCH more time and effort
than the presenter realizes.

2) Harry and Mike are paid by Corsa under contract. Routinely suggesting
that they could take on this additional task or that additional task
means we want them to do even more without additional remuneration. We
know that they already bend over backwards in this regard. Again - EVERY
suggestion takes someone's time and effort.

3) A suggestion minus a volunteer equals zero.

4) We get the board we elect. Although in many cases we get the board we
get if there are even enough volunteers to run. That's how I ended up on
the Board - No one would run from my division. If anyone thinks I was a
lousy board member then it's their fault.

5) Fellow members who step forward to do OUR work for US for FREE
should not be criticised. At the very least, if you have a legitimate
critisism be willing to step up and be part of the solution. Most will
have excuses as to why they can't do that. Then shut up.

6) There are only 2 ways to finance Corsa - Either we each pay OUR fair
share in dues or we con someone else into putting out an extra effort on
our behalf to subsidize our membership. You can define or explain this
in more attractive ways than that - but that is still the bottom line.

One more time - Either WE each pay or SOMEONE ELSE pays.