<VV> Communique improvement idea, number 10]

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 18:46:30 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/18/2009 1:56:10 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
mcvair at sbcglobal.net writes:

I tried  to be polite and supportive, and sometimes he would
write something  genuinely useful, but some things just aren't gonna get
published.   Larry Claypool backed me up on these.  Believe me, if an article
has  potential, I or somebody else will work with the contributor to make  it
publishable.  We do have a volunteer, talented tech writer Craig  Nicol,
available to do exactly that.  Is there some specific author  you have in
mind for us to help?
Mike,
With all due respect, many members that I have talked to feel slighted and
disappointed. Take my own case fro example. In about 2002 I sent you 11 one-two
 page articles ready for you to print in the Communique. These formed the
basis  of my later book CORVAIR SECRETS after you didn't use any of them. You
really  never communicated back to me as to maybe thy needed help or anything.
When i  finally inquired you said "that you didn't know what to do with them".
Well HUH?  You finally did print the one on speedometer accuracy after another
member sent  it to you as I remember.(it's been a while)

Why oh why don't we offer budding authors some guidance on writing and also
some help. I mean put something in the Communique that help is available and
how  to write an article for publication, etc.

Honestly, Bob, your "Why don't we have volunteers..." ideas  miss the point
that Lon Wall tried to make, which is that we don't have any  shortage of big
ideas for volunteers to implement.  What we lack is  the volunteers to do
them.
--Mike McGowan

I hear that but I say who did we ask to volunteer? How many did we ask to
volunteer? How did we ask them? Via what media or in person? How many rejections
 did we get while asking for specific volunteers? People need to be asked.
just my opinion.
Regards,
Bob Helt

**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.