<VV> Safety-wired screws in valve covers

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Feb 22 17:28:58 EST 2009

Richard wrote:
AN500-416-12, 1/4-20 thread, 3/4" thread length.  42 cents each  from
Aircraft Spruce and Specialty. Drilled head for safety wire.

So Seth adds:
Those should work with the threaded rod I mentioned.

If you would rather buy than make, you could also look at the ARP Stud kit  -
the SummitRacing part number for the 1/4-20 black-oxide kit is ARP  200-7603.
It comes with eight studs and regular nuts and washers. The  threads for the
nuts are 1/4-28 fine thread, still 1/4-20 coarse into the  cylinder head. I
haven't found a pre-drilled fine thread tall nut, but they  may be around.

Oh - I forgot to mention why you should buy and drill ten of the tall  nuts.
The answer should be obvious, though, the two extra ones are temporarily
stored in the toolbox you take to the races. <grin>

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)