<VV> Swim suits in the Communique

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Feb 22 17:52:04 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/22/2009 2:23:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
hharpo at earthlink.net writes:

I  remember when there were 2 young women in swimsuits on the cover of the
Communique, at that time there were about 7500 members (or more) and the BOD
was flooded with irate letters (you would have thought they were naked)

Yeah - I was Corsa President at the time. I remember the "flak" at the  time.
We just talked about this at our Corsa SFBA meeting last month. I have the
issue in front of me now, to bring to the meeting. It was an April fool issue
April 1993. At least there was no goofy misleading article inside. I even had
a  tech tip in the back, on steering wheels and adapters - some things never
change. The ladies on the cover both owned their Corvairs - and both  of the
cars were in the shot as well. Circulation was at 5927, probably  near the
peak. As far as I know, the BOD never got any letters. It was so much  more
satisfying to see your own outrage in print - all the letters went to the
Communique. Harrumph!

The only complaint I had was about the response from a couple of  midwestern
Corvair owners (guys) who insisted that equal opportunity required a  printing
of their swimsuit photos. And they were printed in the letters  column. It
was not a pretty sight, but at least they were small - the  photos, that is!
Eventual outcome - Don't look for any  "controversial" photos in the Communique.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)