<VV> Need help on 1995 Ford Contour (NO CORVAIR)

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 10:29:25 EST 2009

Hey guys,
I'm looking at a friend's 1995 Contour, 4 cyl auto, for my daughter Sarah
(she's growing tired of the 82 F150 she got after graduating from High School
last summer)... but it has some problems. It only has 73K miles on it, but the
instrument panel lights, as well as the courtesy lights do not work... dome
light works when you switch it to the "manual on" position from overhead...
Fuses are good, done checked 'em... I'm going to check the rheostat to see if
there's power to that... but I gotta fight my way through 5 ft of plastic
dash...
:-(
Also, the heater and A/C only blows through the defroster vent, no matter
what the setting is on the selector switch... I'm guessing a loose hose
(guessing its vacuum operated), but if anyone has first hand knowledge of  what would
cause either of these problems, please let me know.
Sorry about the non-Corvair post... yeah, Sarah would love a Corvair, and
has asked for one since she's spent her whole life around them, but it's not in
the budget at this time, and she's attending school 150 miles away, but once
she  finishes up and comes back, I might see what I can find.
Thanks a bunch!!!
Lonzo
**************You're invited to Hollywood's biggest party: Get Oscars
updates, red carpet pics and more at Moviefone.
(http://movies.aol.com/oscars-academy-awards?ncid=emlcntusmovi00000001)