<VV> kerosene heater

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 26 10:04:47 EST 2009

I heat my detached garage with a combination of a wood stove and a kerosene (torpedo) heater. When I'm fooling with gasoline, I use the torpedo for initial heat, shut it off when I'm working with the gas issue, then either turn it back on when the fumes or danger of explosion has passed, or fire up the wood stove.
But kerosene is no longer available in my area. What can I use for a substitute? Straight diesel (which is really home heating oil with a road tax)? A mix of diesel and gasoline? Scotch (which is really all it's good for)?

Harry Yarnell
Perryman garage and orphanage
Perryman, MD
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net