<VV> Speedo gear for 1962 Rampside PG, dif code BC720

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Thu Feb 26 17:18:36 EST 2009

Bill asked:

Attempted to add a speedo gear for a 1962 PG Rampside to an order from a

Corvair vendor.  He could not identify the correct gear ?color? only by the

number of teeth? The gear is completely gone on mine.  Can anyone tell me

the color or number of gear teeth for a dif code BC720?  Or have an

appropriate assembly for sale? My research suggests the dif code means it is

a 3.27?  I understand it is difficult to replace just the gear and a used

assembly is more practical?

Bill

Gardnerville, NV

Craig replies:

>From "The Classic Corvair", table 31-2 "Rear axle specifications", that
combination would call for a 20-tooth gear. I've never changed a Corvair
gear per-se, but it IS extremely simple to change the gear/holder assembly.