<VV> Speedo gear for 1962 Rampside PG, dif code BC720

Bill Meglen tirediron at charter.net
Fri Feb 27 00:18:26 EST 2009

Thanks for the input Timothy,

I have no yet driven this one. Hope to do it this week.  I do have another
Rampside with 4 speed and a "tired" 110.  I live at 4700' and have not
driven either at altitudes above 6000.  Perhaps when you get here you can
drive it to get the feel.  I'm really not sure this has the original power
train it nor am I sure the dif innards match the stamped code.  Some
research suggests that 3.27 gears were not commonly in Rampside PG vehicles.
I've not tried it but I suspect that counting wheel "turns" would be precise
enough to decide whether it is 3.27 or 3.55?

This Rampside is cosmetically challenged. The FC engine was replaced with a
1964 110 good running engine.  Mechanicals have been gone through.  I'm
anxious to see how it drives before spending on cosmetics!

There will be some car events in May.  I belong to 3 clubs. Our AACA Region
meets for BS & B [2nd B is breakfast) at Danny's Ironwood, Minden, Monthly
meeting 2nd Wed. Includes dining & driving then short meeting. Northern
Nevada Inliners meet 2nd Saturday at Q's BBQ, Carson City "tire kicking",
brunch at 9:00a am and often a garage tour thereafter. 16 May "Swap Meet &
Show & Shine", Heritage Park, Gardnerville; 17 May "Friendship Day", Bill
Ramsden's Collectible Iron venue.  This is a first time event designed to
bring all car clubs together early in the year.  There's more...let me know
if you want to attend and what period you will be here.

I've got more projects than sense as my list will demonstrate!

William J. "Bill" Meglen
800 Foothill Road
Gardnerville, NV  89460-6530
(775) 265-1683

1937 Ford flatback sedan 59AB flathead (project)

1937 Pontiac 4 Door

1939 Ford C.O.E. 460/C6 (project)

1941 GMC C.O.E.

1950 F-1 302/C4

1956 F-100, Satellite/Gibbons IFS, Ford 390/C6

1963 Corvair Spyder Convertible

1966 Corsa Turbo Convertible (project)

1962 Corvair FC Rampside Pickup(s)