<VV> FC Reaches 60 Degrees

Jeffrey B. Aronson jrh at foxislands.net
Sat Feb 28 20:16:45 EST 2009

> Tomorrow marks the one year anniversery of driving my FC as a second car and not as a antique. I will have to  pass a Maine safety inspection, which is required yearly. I drove it on a frozen lake today and that was a lot of fun. I pulled some kids by 'skid hoppin' which was great fun. My cab has been insulated well . The thermometer on the dash reached 60 degrees. It was 20 F outside. The rock salt has done a litttle more damage. One of the kids hanging out on the lake told me that some of the High Schools would do body work repairs in their Shop class. I might look into it. Meanwhile, I'm looking for an extra windshield.
David,

I have two cars of age to be licensed as "antiques" that I register
under regular plates, too. I register two other cars, one Land Rover and
the Monza, as antiques largely because the local island garage prefers
not to be swamped with so many low-paying inspections.

Maine is very generous with users of antique plates; the only legal
restriction is that it cannot be your primary car. My insurance company
does not adjust policy pricing by registration type - they just consider
them "old car.s" and reduce the policy costs accordingly. There's no
mileage restriction by either state regulations or insurance coverage.

I know that the technical school in Rockland has a mechanical/body shop
program and that, for the price of paint and supplies, they will prep
and paint cars. I'm sure you have a few technical schools in southern Maine.

Good luck,

Jeff Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME 04863
www.landroverwriter.com <http://www.landroverwriter.com>