<VV> Cleaning glass

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Sat Feb 28 22:27:32 EST 2009

You can use the #0000 steel wool either way. If you're trying to really
clean up some stubborn stuff, like the hard waterspots you speak of, squirt
some Windex
on the windshield and rub until you can see the spots disappearing. This
method works best if you're out of the sun, of course. It'll help cut
through the residue.

But for normal use, use it dry. The sliding effect, that tells you the glass
is polished clean , is most noticeable when the pad is dry. When it first
rubs across the glass, you'll feel it snagging on all sorts of micro-junk.
Don't be afraid of a bit of hand pressure, but of course, never bear down
deliberately in one spot, that wouldn't serve you well.

When I travel, I can dry-clean all the windows in about 5 minutes, before I
hit the road and the glass is concours-clear. It's really good on road dust
and bug-splatter cleanup, without getting the windshield drains all wet!

Hope this helps. You'll wind up with a pad of it under your driver's seat as
part of your regular gas-stop routine.

Mel