<VV> Quiet towing - humor

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Thu Jan 1 12:42:19 EST 2009

At 15:29 12/31/2008 -0500, Sethracer at aol.com wrote:

 >>snip - description of wedge-locking ball mount<<

>  The ball mount also includes a
>locking  mechanism for the pin, so you get to keep the quiet ride. They are
>available in  Standard drop sizes and for the two-inch receiver hitch mounts.
>
>I am not selling these, just passing along the info. The link below has a
>much better description and, I believe a method to buy them. If you want
>more
>info, drop me a note.

Hello Seth,

This is a neat product, however I have a internally rubber cushioned ball
mount (purchased at Fleet/Farm about 10 years ago) that accomplishes pretty
much the same thing.

Here in the extreme winter salt belt I can make my own wedge-locked ball
mount for free in about 1 month's time--just leave the ball mount in the
receiver!!  Disassembly however, becomes a real pain; penetrating oil, a
big torch, sledgehammers, etc...  At least I do not have to worry about
theft of the mount.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI