<VV> Video of Engine Knock

Jeffrey B. Aronson jrh at foxislands.net
Fri Jan 2 11:23:40 EST 2009

Jedd,

I'm way over my head here as I've not spent enough time around Corvairs
yet. If it were a British car, though, I would wonder about whether all
6 cylinders are firing under load. Watching the engine shake as you
accelerated as well as hearing the noise reminded me of my cars when a
cylinder isn't firing properly. The engine is so inherently balanced -
and a 6, not a 4 - that it might hide problems except under load.

If there's not firing properly, it could be internal but could it be
external - a failing plug and/or wire, a bad lifter, etc.?

Jeff Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME

'66 Corvair Monza Coupe 110/4
'66 Land Rover Series II-A SW [2]