<VV> Front Wheel Bearing Adjustment

Shaun McGarvey shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 3 21:00:26 EST 2009

AHHHH Nick! Sorry to say, but you've probably ruined that bearing.
The 100lb torque is for the yoke on the rear wheel spindle on a Late Model,
I think, but I've never had to mess with one. The fronts are just finger
tight, basically. Use a wrench, and while spinning the wheel, do it up to
about 5lb. then back it off until the nut just cracks loose then snug it
slightly again and put in the cotter pin.
You can try that bearing again, but it may be cracked or deformed. I'd
replace it, they're cheap and pretty easy.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun