<VV> Length of LM Corvairs

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Sun Jan 4 16:34:50 EST 2009

The overall length is the same (shop manuals).  The overall height, though,
was 1.5 inches shorter in 65 vs 66.   This was not because of the manual
transmissions but because of California regulations for the height of the
headlights.  The 65s were too low.   This was discussed in the early days of
VV.  Tires size went from 6.50 to 7.00 and taller springs were used to raise
the car to meet the CA regulations, back in the day.

tim mahler