<VV> Horn Slot '60 on Ebay

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Mon Jan 5 12:47:37 EST 2009

The car in question was built on July 10, 1959. It is a
very early car. I know of only one other that was earlier
in the production sequence. I did attempt to purchase this
car the day after Thanksgiving last year. I took my trusty
flatbed trailer and cash to the used car lot in Indiana.
After viewing the car and talking at length with the
owner, a nice guy with a really cool collection of neat
old cars, I decided not to purchase his '60. It was hard
for this Caveman to say "no" to such an early car, but it
had more issues than redeeming qualities. Of course the
VIN was the biggest draw.

This car can be saved. It will need some major rust repair
and the parts that were previously worked on should be
re-done correctly. The old saying goes that some parts of
the car are no longer Corvair-shaped. Even the horn slots
have been compromised. It has 2 1/2 slots on the driver's
side and there is mostly a smoothed over panel where the
three indentations should be on the passenger's side of
the lower valance. Once completed you will have a very
historically significant Corvair and will be the envy of
other Cavemen across the land. Instead of this one I will
work to improve my white 1960 500 sedan that I bought just
before this car went on Ebay the first time. Plans are to
have it ready for the convention this summer. See you
there? - Caveman Pete in Slippery Rock, PA