<VV> A Plug By a Different Name

bowtieguy bowtieguy at cox.net
Mon Jan 5 21:18:16 EST 2009

My mechanic told me to stay OEM and not use Iridium in my Corvair, nor my '57 283 nor my '70 400. Here is something that just appeared in Automobile magazine: http://www.pulstar.com/. This link will take you to a new kind of spark plug. The claim here is that in tests it improved the MPG of a Prius by 4.4 MPG. Horsepower and torque are improved and less greenhouse gases are burned. They say they have been seen on Horsepower TV. As with all products, the buyer beware part of me would like to see some real world tests. Snake oil is everywhere.

Carroll Shelby is hawking Z Max additives. From Tripledge wiper blades to the Vornado, we must watch and see the test results. The Pulstar plugs are $24.95 per plug. They say they last 50,000 miles.

Who will be first?

Bob Vukas
bowtieguy at cox.net
57 Bel Air 283