<VV> Corvair v. everyone - Did Chrysler rule "Style Wars" ? 2c worth

Bill Meglen tirediron at charter.net
Mon Jan 5 21:42:03 EST 2009

I have two of them (Pontiac SOHC 6 230 ci "Sprint" 215 hp.) hope to put one
in my 1937 Pontiac 4 dr.  Have read that they were based on the 250 Chevy
block but virtually nothing is interchangeable.  Never read in my research
that the OHC head could be fitted to a 292?  The bulletin board at
www.inliners.org has postings on them. Tom Langdon dba
http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/  raced them and is very knowledgeable on
them. The web site at http://sohcsix.yuku.com/ is I believe the best single
source for information.

I'm enthralled by them although also addicted to Corvairs!

Bill
Gardnerville, NV