<VV> Late rocker trim

PETER INMAN monza1965 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 22:37:34 EST 2009

This (below) is a post from Virtual Corvair Club, 08/05/05 page 53 and it’s all I could find that made any sense on how to install the rocker trim. I take it that it is stretched or spread over the lower round ridge of the retaining strap by pushing down from the top, forcing it over the bottom edge. Is there a learning curve to this procedure so that I won’t damage new paint or the trim piece?
  Thanks for any input you all might have.
Pete,
DACC

<<It has been a long time since I have taken this part off. I believe I <<used a stiff blade putty knife and gently "pried" along the bottom <<edge, starting from the outside edges. The rocker panel chrome strip <<goes on by placing lip of top edge of mounting strip and putting <<pressure on the top of chrome strip (rubber mallet mentioned earlier) <<to snap the piece over the bottom "lip" of mounting strip.
<<Robert Coon