<VV> Early to late 110 head changes

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Jan 6 20:44:46 EST 2009

Hi folks,

I had an interesting conversation about milling some heads.  In the
past, I've had late model heads milled about .050" to .060" to remove
the gasket step and create a quench area that reduces knock.  All
those heads were '65 and up.  Yesterday I was told about a set of '64
110 heads that would require about .100" milled to remove the gasket
step.  I always thought that the deck height on the closed chamber
heads were the same.  Anyone else heard of this?

--Bryan