<VV> Winter Projects

John Green jgreen at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jan 7 09:52:39 EST 2009

I'm thinking about winter projects. Here's what I have on my list;
suggestions are welcome.

1. Replace the remaining steel brake lines. I have already installed new
lines and rubber hoses to the front wheels (and had the gas tank inspected,
cleaned and painted).

2. Repaint the trunk (a little brake fluid does a lot damage).

3. Try again to stop the oil pan leak. I gave up with the original pan
because attempts to fix the 'dimples' around the bolts didn't work. A new
aluminum pan and a new torque wrench stopped the leaks until we drove the
car.

4. Improve first starts. It seems that the po (who lives in Texas) disabled
the chokes.  Also, I wonder if fuel is draining from the bowls.

5. Body work. The body is in excellent condition, except for some bubbling
under the left rear fender. This is out of my league, so I think I will need
to find a professional. Also, I have a scratch and a few dings I would like
to fix.

John Green
1965 Monza convertible, 110/4
Silver Spring MD