<VV> halogen lights

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 19:11:16 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/7/2009 5:12:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk writes:

We  don't actually need that much light to be able to see at night. What we
need is for that ambient level of light not to change much, so that our  eyes
don't need to keep adapting. So the less bright everyone's lights  (and the
background lighting) are, the better it is for all of us. It  would help if
we all banned BMWs, Mercedeses and Audis, for a start -  every time one comes
towards me I am totally dazzled, whatever I am  driving.

Cheers

Alan

I'd generally agree with that point.  A friend and I debated this  awhile
back, and based on our personal experience driving over the years we came  to the
same conclusion.  And back in 1971, when I last drove there, London  drivers
didn't use their headlights.  They drove with parking lights only  and relied
on the city's street lighting so see.  I spent almost a week  driving in the
city and never had any trouble seeing others.

Bob Hall