<VV> rebuilding fuel pump

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Jan 11 13:39:10 EST 2009

I sort of agree with what Mike says below. BUT (There is almost always a
but) if you have an original GM pump, where for one reason or another, only the
actual diaphragm is bad (torn, etc), and the body (Threads) is okay and the
check valves are both functional and in place, then it might be worth
rebuilding. There are several unknowns present  in the "Fuel Pump" supply  lines.  As
long as the kit you are installing has the proper  diaphragm material and you
carefully re-assemble it, it might be a  better bet than  a new one.

Your  mileage may vary.   - Seth

PS - I think it was Clark's that had the kits.

In a message dated 1/11/2009 10:05:12 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,