<VV> clutch noise

Markpowhatan at aol.com Markpowhatan at aol.com
Sun Jan 11 17:47:03 EST 2009

I just installed a new Clark's turbo clutch/pressure plate assembly  along
with a new throwout bearing and shaft.  I now have a zipper type  noise
everytime I press the clutch pedal or let off it like the cable is  dragging
something.  I really did suspect the cable but i removed all  covers underneath and
inside and the cable is dragging nothing, and the pulleys  are swinging fine.
Now it feels like it is about to bind up.  The  noise travels and it may be in
the bell housing or in the clutch "cross  shaft". When I tried checking the
"cross shaft", I noticed that it has the  nylon seats in one end but it had
nothing in the other end for the ball stud to  ride on.  It seems to just be
turning inside the hollow shaft with no type  of bearing surface.  What is supposed
to be on the end near the clutch pull  rod?  It seems like to me there should
be a bushing or  something???
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)