<VV> Fuel Pump rebuilds vs New

David Houston judgehouston at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 13:48:23 EST 2009

The PO of my FC had abandoned said vehicle on the city street because of illness and a shredded fuel pump diaphram. When I acquired the FC, a Clark's Catalog was in the back seat. I ordered a new fuel pump even though everyone suggested an electric one like my FC camper.
It's been a little over 4000 miles and Clark's pump has operated w/o a problem. I did have to rebuild the right side carb almost immediately . The left side hasn't had any problems yet.
I'd go with the new fuel pump. In Maine, 10% Ethanol is now in all fuel. It seems to affect many older vehicles and marine motors.