<VV> Electric Car heat: VOLT

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Tue Jan 13 12:38:32 EST 2009

All:  The Volt has a 1.4L(?) transversal I-4 to drive a generator to charge
batteries, run electrical systems and power the electric drive motors as
needed.  There is no mechanical connection between the engine and the
wheels.  So I assume the Volt's heater is conventional hot water.

I believe the Prius has a mechanical connection between the engine and
wheels.  But I could easily be wrong, as I don't much care what the Prius
is.  Somebody ought to hit them with a fly swatter.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice

Message: 4