<VV> Fw: Pistons ok?

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 13 19:56:46 EST 2009

 MIKE KOVACS

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Michael Kovacs <kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net>
To: Bryan Blackwell <bryan at skiblack.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 7:49:17 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Pistons ok?

 I find it hard to believe those 2 pistons weigh the same. I've balanced mine. Pistons first, then rods, then together. The pins were not touched and weighed virtually the same.

I hope you can open the pictures. One shows how little was removed from the piston. The other shows the total weight(s).

Piston with ruler shows a positive head/piston clearance. That is chewing gum. It  expands a little because it is elastic. Clay works better

 This is a '66 140. Head milled to zero clearance and .032 copper. It runs on 87 octane and no knock. Shot of 6 piston/cylinders show how little was removed from the big end of the rod. Almost nothing from the little end.

 MIKE KOVACS