<VV> Fw: New Corvair

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Wed Jan 14 14:59:30 EST 2009

On Jan 14, 2009, at 9:58 AM, Harry Yarnell wrote:

> Harry Yarnell
> Perryman garage and orphanage
> Perryman, MD
> hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
>
> So this is what a new Corvair looks like.  Seen this yet???

I posted to the Stock Corvair Group about this car. In the following
you can see my original post and Hank Kaczmarek and CORSA Concourse
Chair Duanne Luckow's comments:

Bruce,

Hank is absolutely correct.  This Corvair has been altered, restored
in areas noted below.  It is far from being 100% original.  It is a
nice job, however falsly stated to Ebay potential buyers.  I have sent
Tommy, the seller this note regarding the 1963 Corvair.  Also see
Tommy (wrxin17) has negative feedback from a past buyer about another
misrepresented car in history  Buyers beware!  .

eBay sent this message to Duanne Luckow (64rampside).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from
eBay. Learn more.

This member has a question for you

Dear wrxin17,

Tommy,
I have carefully read your informative description and very closely
viewed the photos. You are misrepresenting this Corvair to put it
bluntly. It is not in the original 100 percent state. The photos speak
the truth.
1. Carpet is reproduction in front. Can tell from the wrinkles around
the accelerator pedal.
2. Poor masking job around the vin number
3. Not the typical factory red overspray under the bottom side of car.
4. Spiral shocks should be painted grey.
5. Engine compartment is not done correctly, meaning the gobs of
sealant are missing and overspray should be evident on the deck lid
hinges.
I am the current National Corvair Society of America Concours Head
Judge. I have owned and seen original Corvairs in the past and helped
placed them into classes for judging along with Larry Claypool of
Frankfort ILL.
I would highly recommend you amend your description on Ebay. It is a
beautiful car, just overstated for potential buyers. Duanne

- 64rampside

Chevrolet : Corvair
Item Id: 250355341624
End time: Jan-20-09 16:17:53 PST
Buyer:
64rampside (458)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Sep-03-02 in United States

Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was active.