<VV> FC's in sub-zero degrees and 1969 Corvairs

David Houston judgehouston at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 14:02:18 EST 2009

These past few days are the coldest that I've used my FC. It always starts, so far, w/o any problems. The PO installed a new starter and related wiring. My newer Maxima is much harder to start and I've had to replace crankcase pulley, belts, plugs, sensors at the local dealership which is quite expensive. It was my late mother's car that hadn't been 500 miles in the last six years. I can have parts sent from Clark's in one day and do it myself. T
I remember seeing the same 1969 Corvairs sitting at Allen Chevrolet in Dedham Mass from the fall of 1968 to spring of 1969. They didn't sell back then. The rumor was that they were made with left over parts. They looked good to me, but I bought a 1967 Impala convertible in 1969 that I kept till 1976.