<VV> Data backups - no Corvair

Guus de Haan guusdehaan at wanadoo.nl
Thu Jan 15 12:51:28 EST 2009

Op 15 jan 2009, om 17:41 heeft Bryan Blackwell het volgende geschreven:

> Hi folks,
>
> Well, no direct Corvair anyway.  Every now and then I see a post to
> VV which includes something like "I just lost my hard drive".  I'm
> doing my beginning of year backups, so I thought I'd put a few
> suggestions out there for your consideration.

Not sure what others have but nowadays my iMac contains most of our
family memories so losing that would be big loss.
With 250 Gb, mostly data (including some unedited DV movies) a CD/DVD
won't do.
Weekly or sometimes even daily backups to an external harddisk are a
part of my routine now.
And during holidays the back-up disk goes to my family. Beter safe
than sorry!

Guus de Haan
The Netherlands
'65 Corsa Turbo-Charged Cvt