<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 48, Issue 71

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Mon Jan 19 11:20:40 EST 2009

"... While the battery in question is not in a Corvair, others might have
the same problem. In spite of everything I have done - new battery, new cables,
new correct terminals - I have a battery in my F'93 ord Exploder that insists
on  having it's positive terminal produce corrosion. I have been able to
control it  somewhat with the red protective spray, but it still sneaks back. I
have six  other vehicles and have not had to use the spray and have not had the
same  problem with them. Any tips as to what else might be going on in this
vehicle?  Thanks, Grant..."

Hi Grant... the problem is likely being  caused by electrolyte seeping up
around the post. Not aware of a proven retrofit  sealant, but there may be one.
Perhaps try a layer of Vaseline around the post  where it meets the top of case.

Mike Mauro

**************Inauguration '09: Get complete coverage from the nation's
capital.(http://www.aol.com?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000027)