<VV> about a car for sale

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 02:40:31 EST 2009

> The British "Car Authorities" might have a
> slightly different view of the Corvair. - Seth

There aren't any 'British car authorities'! Just prejudice from the
collectors.

Price for this car is a bit steep even allowing for 'rip-off Britain', but
he has got ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of selling it, with our economy in the state
it is in at present. About 1000 GBP would be a more realistic asking price,
and even then he wouldn't be flattened in the rush, because no-one knows
what Corvairs are over here. Mind you, this is a bargain - half the price of
a Spider, as it says in the ad. It's amazing how one letter (Spider instead
of Spyder) can cost you an extra $300,000:

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/38208

This is a good site - ads are free and it generates a reasonable amount of
traffic (I have sold a car on it myself).

Cheers

Alan

P.S. Did I tell you the origin of the word 'Spyder' (or Spider')? It is just
because in Italian the letters 'i' and 'y' are pronounced like 'ee' in
English, so it is just an Italian attempt to call the car a 'Speeder'!