<VV> Best engine oil for late models

DONALD MEYER weldvair at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 21 20:38:03 EST 2009

Mark, I'll start by saying you do not want to use a API oil rated SM, these oils have a star burst on the label. You want a SL rated oil. Where I live it is only available in a diesel oil(15W40). NAPA brand of diesel oil is rated CJ/SL. It's made by Vavoline.
Tractor supply also has a Diesel oil rated CI4/SL......traveller brand, which is the best rating on a oil you can now buy.

A even better oil is the old SJ rated oil, but It is not being made now. There might be some old oil on the market.

Do a  search on this web site & you will find great info on this subject by a member in Central America named Richard.

Don Meyer