<VV> UNDERGROUND - PART 2

corvairs corvairs at pacifier.com
Thu Jan 22 17:07:31 EST 2009

I promised a number of you that I would post some basic information
about the sale of our business.

First, I repeat, we are currently operating normally each day and will
continue to process and ship orders, just as we have for the past 35
years, until late Spring/Early summer - UNLESS we find a buyer sooner.
If we are unable to find a buyer within the next few months then we will
start liquidating inventory etc.

Until we find a buyer keep those orders coming!

Naturally we would prefer to see Underground continue. A monopoly parts
situation would benefit very few of us. I want to stress that I will be
available to the buyer for set-up, training etc for whatever period we
negotiate. Even though I need to move away from the total responsibility
of owning the business I otherwise still enjoy the business and many
facets of it.

PRICE - $169,000.00
This includes -
All active inventory (mostly new parts)
All "in-active" inventory (NOS, Used etc)
All rights to websites including processing software.
All rights to our 300 page print catalog
Our electronic and print customer lists
All shelving, tables, office equipment etc.
Collator, folder, cutter.
Diamond head Rottler and special cylinder fixture
Lathe, press, sand blaster, cleaner other special Corvair tools and shop
fixtures
All tooling, fixtures we own for manufacture of various repro parts.
All rights we hold to repro parts and unique Underground and GoVair products
All boxes, packing and processing equipment
The name Corvair Underground and GoVair

Other information you need to know -

Plan on at least another 40,000.00-50,000.00 additional investment in
inventory, cost of moving and setup and other expenses. This is not
money to us but money you should plan on spending when you take over.

I am available for on-site work and council a minimum of 1-2 months. As
mentioned above I could be available for a longer period of time to be
independently negotiated.

The outright purchase price of $169,000.00 could be negotiated in an
initial payment and terms. I'm more than motivated to the right buyer -
i.e. someone I know and trust to continue this business.

You WILL NOT take over any orders I have in process, core or order
refunds, gift certificates etc. I may owe at time of sale. In other
words, you will not be responsible for any of my prior commitments or
liabilities.

If you want more detailed information please call me, although I've
given most of the pertinent information here. Onsite visits are always
welcome but let me know in advance to make sure I'm here.

I realize that it's a little unusual to make an offer like this so
public, but it's kind of been our style to not be coy. At this stage in
my life I don't have much patience for silly cloak and dagger
negotiations. The asking price is considerably below the usual formula
for establishing a business's value but I'm more interested in passing
this on to the next generation of vendor.

Is running a business like this a lot of hard work? Yes it is. If you
think that you want to buy it as an "investment" and that you can hire
other people to run it while the cash just rolls in - forget that.

If you can barely scape together the purchase price and figure you can
wing it from there - I wouldn't.

Where could the business be run from? Over the past 4 years we have had
offers to relocate the business in Colorado, Illinois, Florida, Georgia,
Arizona, and Texas.
One interested party even wanted to move cross country and continue to
run it from here.

If, however, you want to be a unique part of Corvair history, if you
want to run an exciting multi-faceted business, if you want to know
thousands of great Corvair people the world over, and oh yeah, get all
your parts wholesale, then this is your opportunity. I wouldn't have
traded the last 35 years for anything myself.

Please contact me if you have questions - I'll add to the information
here if and when necessary.

Lon Wall
President
Corvair Underground Inc.