<VV> Dues

Mike Moyer vairvert67 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 11:18:54 EST 2009

Sorry I see no reason to raise anything! Corvanatics is saving by Eletter
We send over half our newsletters out by email now. They get there in full color and look great. No killing trees no need to recycle or fill landfils.
I would be interested in the communique by email rather than its present printed form.
I spend maybe 10 minutes max reading the average comunique any way. Usually looking at the for sale section first and then paging through to see if there is anything worth reading. most months I just put in the recycle bin. Don't get me wrong it is a very well put togther magazine but I am just not interested in the racing articles and other misc ramblings. I show my car and have no interest in racing it. Truthfully I would like to see more tech articles.

I for one do know how hard it is to put together a newsletter and am thankful I ony have to put one out every other month. It is very difficult to come up with interesting articles even bimonthly.

I am no longer a member of the local club as I have found that was a waste of time.
A 45 minute drive to a 10 minute meeting covering little to nothing and then on to whats for lunch. I found better tech help here on VV and parts help for that matter.The local club is run by the good ole boys with a closed mind who don't want to change because thats the way we always did it. (Sorry if that offends some but that is the answer from past members when asked why they don't attend anymore)
I was the newsletter editor for that club for a short time and tried to go Eletter but had much resistance from the old guard.

I currently go to car shows and hang out with mostly former local club members,  we are probably in greater numbers than the dues paying members and we do it for free. Most car shows in this area the you rarely see a club corvair show up  but we are there showing off our cars. Last month I helped a local club member get his car running after it sat for 3 years.

I will be at Nationals this year. I plan on attending WFCC show in Feb and  on showing my corvair as often as possible at local shows even thinking about puttin CorvanAntics on the side of my Van when I repaint it this year as an attention getter.

I would love to see Corsa grow and thrive but increasing dues is not the answer.

My humble opinion is it will only turn more people away.
You can not depend on the old guard forever.
Sooner or later they will all be gone with nothing left for the future!
Mike Moyer
CorvanAntics Editor
1963 Corvair 95 84hp Powerglide 18K miles
1965 Greenbrier 110hp 4 Spd
1965 Monza Convertible 140hp 4spd 3:55 Posi AM/FM