<VV> CORSA Dues increase

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jan 28 12:17:18 EST 2009

So far I am one of the lucky ones, my wife and I still have our jobs.
But every day I see thousands more are losing theirs.
Unemployment is approaching 10%
I know there are those amongst us feeling the pinch.
Beleive me, I've been there, and times have been really tight on occasion,
but I got through.
If dues have to be raised, so be it.
But expect to lose members. That's a given.
Want to lose even more?
Make membership mandatory to all Chapter members, and cop an attitude
saying if you are not a member you are a freeloader. That will drive away
some CORSA members as well. Maybe even makle some chapters drop their
affiliation.
Put it right on the internet saying "Who needs em".
And you just destroyed your potential membership base. Create a rift
between the chapters and the mother organization, yeah that's a plan.

People are making hard choices right now, every day. In New York, they are
facing monumental budget deficits, their solution of course is more taxes
and fees. This drives more people out of the state, as well as businesses
who will not be providing new jobs.
The State of course is pretty much doing business as usual, and is in
search of new revenue sources, meaning more taxes and fees.

I was a part of a local MOPAR club for almost 20 years. Club focus changed
direction, there was plenty of "politics" going on, and frankly I got tired
of it. Simply didn't renew my membership. To me, it was a waste of dues,
too much bickering, and losing focus on what was important, Cars and
friendships.  Right now virtual vairs is turning into a somewhat "hostile"
environment.

While a dues increase is in order, spare us from putting a chip on your
shoulder or drawing a line in the sand saying either you go along, or get
out. In my opinion it will do irreparable harm, to CORSA amd our hobby.

Just my opinion, for what its worth........

Gary Swiatowy