<VV> Corsa

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Jan 28 16:52:42 EST 2009

What Warren said.

Dave Keillor

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of levair at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:25 PM
To: VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Corsa

   I've been a Corsa member for 30 years, and I'll admit that I was
first hooked by the Autocross.
But, I found many more reasons to join Corsa and have friends in all of
the categories.
Often, I demand to have random seating at the banquets to acquire new
friends with different interests.
Our recent conventions have had many special activites for wifes and
children also.
    I treasure the Communiques and keep them for reference. I consider
my Corvair freinds to be my extended family and the newsletter is the
album or scrapbook. This is our shared family history.
     I often look into issues from 20 years ago to regain old , still
revelant, information or to remember the past.
     Storing paper newslettes is the ONLY permanent storage. I've stored

information on floppy discs (which new computers can't read), CDs, DVDs
and flashdrives, which all will ultimately become obsolete. What's
next; paper is always there. Who hasn't had a virus and lost all of
their  electronic info?
    Saying that paper is obsolete is just youthful arrogance, only
what's newest is best--new isn't always better. If it is ,why are we
fooling around with therse old cars?
    Several car clubs have opt in and opt out choices for the
newsletters. Electronic is no cost and paper is more. I always opt for
paper and pay the difference.
    The clubs that I belong to that have no choice but electronic
newsletters are way down on attendence for events.  Paper Newsletters
come to you; you have to search for electronic advertised events.
    One club in particular has gone from attendence in the 100s to about

thirty, their justification was we interviewed the 30 entrants and
asked them how they knew about the event---electronic of course.
What about the 70 who didn't come---no paper invitation of course!
     I am losing my close affintiy to the non news letter clubs and
don't feel the urge to attend their events.
    Why can't we have several types of memberships: full with paper
newsletter, electonic only, local only, non insured, etc? Pay for what
you receive.
     The conplaints about racing articles can be cured by sending  in
articles of YOUR chosing!!! We don't have any paid reporters.
    The racers are displaying Corvairs in the gereral public in a
dynamic manner. Many new young members are gained this way. For some
reason, young people just love the Corvairs. Non Corvair visitors to
the Levair shops  are always way fascinated by both the racing and non
racing Corvairs within.
    In my own selfish way , I am more inclined to offer advice to people

who have literally paid their dues.

Warren

are the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org