<VV> CORSA run by volunteers

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Wed Jan 28 22:29:25 EST 2009

All:  The idea has been suggested we find some volunteers to do what M&P
does for us for a fee.

May I remind the oldbees and enlighten the newbees that CORSA started that
way in 1969.  By the mid-70's, it was getting to be a bit much for
volunteers to do.  In late '78 or early '79, CORSA acquired it first
management company and publisher.  They did well from where I was sitting in
the semi-cheap seats at the time.  Then we got a different outfit, which
didn't last long.  Fortunately for CORSA, Harry and Mike put together M&P
and bid for the responsibility.

Going back to the 1969-1978 model doesn't strike me as progress, much less
doable.

Historically Yours,
                   James Rice

PS:  Since some like to mention their credentials:
	Corvair enthusiast since 1959
	CORSA member since mid-70's
	Chairman of the Competition Committee 1979-1984, which included writing the
CompComm job description, all four moving car event rules, the Racing Fund
policy, plus contributing to the creation of the first CORSA P&P manual.
	Member of the original CPF Advisory Committee (Whenever that was!)
	Member of CORSA & CPF BoD's 1999-2001
	CPF Liaison, 1999-2001
	Sometime contributor to the Communique

PSS: Editorial:  Having cars in the driveway does not count as credentials
in my book.  So there.  Who cares what you have?!  It is what you contribute
that matters.

PPSS:  What Lon and Warren said.