<VV> Thoughts on CORSA Membership

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Jan 29 09:42:58 EST 2009

All of these are good points - and with some of them there is a lack
of marketing, especially for a cyber club.  However, other than the
paperwork, if a chapter is all CORSA members then the chapter is
free, so you could use the CORSA server to centralize your Internet
chapter:

  - Web space (no ads)
  - E-mail address forwarded to your club contacts
  - Find out about other members in your area
  - Club e-mail list

See http://www.corvair.org/chapters for more details, or drop a note
to web-help at corvair.org.  Of course you can put out notes about a
larger gathering or trip to VV.  It would be really nice to see more
of those here, or particularly on the Chapters list.  The Chapters
list was created specifically for messages to other chapters, like
events.

Now, I'll concede you could do the same thing with some of the free
services.  However, those services have their own drawbacks, not the
least of them is if the contact person vanishes, you no longer have
access to admin your group.  Not so here.

Finally, let me say that there are a number of good ideas out there.
What we need is someone who is willing to do the work to make them
happen.  Don't forget that CORSA is of, by, and for the members, this
is not some unwieldy top down corporation.  If you want to make
something happen, then jump up and do so.

--Bryan (CORSA member)