<VV> Me too post - about recruiting younger members

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Fri Jan 30 14:29:11 EST 2009

I totally agree with Andy:
  -- Fewer and fewer people "tinker" with cars because modern cars are
"untinkerable".
  -- As a consequence of the above, the average age of "tinkerers" is
increasing.
  -- Corvairs are not welcome at most local garages
  -- There are professional repair options for more conventional cars of
the same vintage (eg, my Nova)

Like Andy, I've advised people who were not mechanically inclined not to
buy a Corvair (I live in Rochester, MN).  If I lived in a larger metro
area I might see if an independent car repair shop might want to offer
Corvair specific repairs (I'd help them with resources).

Dave Keillor