<VV> new members

Robert Harvey roharvey at nmsu.edu
Fri Jan 30 16:03:14 EST 2009

  I think we need new members or in a very few years there will be
very few restored vairs,No CORSA and  no resources !!!
  How do we get new people interested in our beloved autos?
  I think we need to show our Corvairs more, get local chapters to
show off their cars and encourage younger persons to come to
meetings. I (for one) don't feel you have to be a member of CORSA to
attend a meeting. There are persons out there who won't join any
organization....
  I did support  my nearest local chapter (in New Mexico) for awhile
but considering it meets once a month 250 miles from here I came to
the conclusion that they were too far away to visit. My nearest local
chapter was/is in El Paso but they seem to be out of existance.
  So I am my local Corsa chapter,one member but I keep trying to
recruit new members ... and find parts for others .
  I am 55 and I am recruiting my 13 year old to replace me when the
time comes but if we don't get some new blood in to our group , we
will cease to be. I have noticed there are car guys out there who
know all types of cars and love many different ones . We can get them
involved but if limit our membership we are in trouble. I suggested
at one time we might want to see about working with some V W air
cooled organization . I now suggest a Chevrolet car connection ,there
must be one out there we could co exist with. I suggest we think
about it, We still have time!
Bob