<VV> Future of the Corvair - LONG!!

Jeffrey B. Aronson jrh at foxislands.net
Sat Jan 31 10:51:16 EST 2009

Bill Hubbell wrote:
> Since I am writing to Virtual Vairs I can assume that many of you reading
> this have at least two things in common: a love of Corvairs and at least a
> passing interest in computers.  I hope, therefore, that most of you will
> appreciate the following.

Bill,

As one reader I really appreciated your comments and admired the clarity
of your presentation.

One observation is that while some of the Corvair's past qualifies as
ancient history to Gen X and Gen Y'ers, some of the same elements that
appealed to you will appeal to them. I know this from my business and
education experiences.

I love my utterly stock Corvair, but I know that the car has LOTS of
interior room for custom features. The Corvair might offer the easiest
interior for electronic "necessities" of any "tuner car" around today.
The sound system can be anything you want it to be and the connectivity
through off-the-shelf devices is limited only by your imagination. It
can also seat 4 or 5 of your BBF/BGF's at the same time.

In rural New England a lot of younger men and women might not think of
working on their cars or trucks but they do enjoy keeping their ATV's,
4-wheelers, fishing boats and other mechanical devices working on their
own. On this island  of 1,200 alone, high school and college age
students own late 60's El Camino, a Jeep CJ-3, a '70 Caddy and a '72
Nova. If they're inculcated with the idea that they cannot work on their
computerized automobiles and trucks, they're still mucking about with
old cars. And they're as proud of them as any retiree with a trailer queen.

Sure, there are lots of drivers who have never seen or heard of a
Corvair, so we have to make certain we show off the car by putting them
on the road often. And we need to share the car - let people sit in the
car, listen to it, even drive it - so they can see, feel and sense its
many attributes. They're still appealing and compelling , just as you've
reminded us!

Jeff Aronson
Vinalhaven, ME
www.landroverwriter.com <http://www.landroverwriter.com>