<VV> corvair fuel & cooling

Ron ronh at owt.com
Wed Jul 1 13:19:37 EDT 2009

It would be pretty difficult to make an 80 hp version overheat but I suppose
some have done it.  I'd suggest a stock system so don't block off anything
if you're not an air cooled engine expert.  Driving in summer temperatures
up to 115 degrees I've never had vapor lock in a Corvair and don't consider
it a problem as long as everything is in good order.  The battery in a
Corvair stays cooler than in all water pumpers as long as the engine is
running so there's also no problem with overheating the battery.  If you're
worried about it, open the engine lid after a hot run in summer to allow the
heat from the engine to escape more rapidly.  My batteries seem to last as
well as any, as far as I can tell.
RonH