<VV> Gulftane

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Thu Jul 2 00:00:11 EDT 2009

"The corvair motors were originally made to use unleaded, 'Gulftane' fuel in the 1960's."

I remember Gulftane as being the cheapest crap on the market at the time. I never used it in my Corvair. My choice was the AMOCO Premium, "White gas" which they claimed was unleaded.

It may have in fact been unleaded, but I was told they also shipped it in the same trucks as the leaded gas they sold. I do know it screwed up a Coleman heater, which was to run on unleaded fuel.

Roy