<VV> Red Lights and Gages

jimster1 jimster1 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 3 20:29:01 EDT 2009

Sure, but patience please.
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of ScottyGrover at aol.com
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 4:47 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Red Lights and Gages

In a message dated 7/3/09 4:01:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jimster1 at earthlink.net writes:

Gents,
How does this sound?  I've noticed that the warning  lights in my Corsa
convertible are so dim as to be invisible, daylight or  top down, they are
hopeless.  So I concluded that they conveyed vital  information regarding
oil
pressure as well as whether the belt is still  turning the alternator (fan).
So I devised a circuit that would sound a  screeching piezo alarm horn in
the
event that either came on when the car  was running.  I'm using the three
prong oil pressure sensor as the  enabler for this circuit.
The center contact operates the oil pressure  light like normal.  The other
contacts close in the presence of oil  pressure.  Once the engine starts and
the oil pressure comes up, these  contacts pick a relay that will stay
energized as long as the ignition is  on.  This relay feeds the piezo only
when the engine is running.   Should either light activate while the engine
is running, it'll sound  off.  I did the relay thing as I didn't want the
alarm sounding  between the time that the ignition switch is on and the
engine starts and  the idiot lights go out.  Pretty simple and could save an
engine  should either loss of oil pressure or fan belt  occur.
Jim

Is there any chance that you can publish a wiring diagram or schematic of
this setup?

Scotty from Hollyweird

.
the property