<VV> corvair ride...(finally)

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sun Jul 5 07:02:27 EDT 2009

after fighting a loosing battle with valve train noises on the rampy "new"
engine , i took plates from the long stored van with a bad gas tank and put
my  mystery 64 A/C coupe from Texas on the road.  it has issues , but runs
down  the road nicely. i put a new blower bearing on it , did all brake
hydraulics ,  and rebuilt all light sockets and headlite buckets. so far it
sounds like a rear  wheel bearing , intermittent smoke on startup , a subtle
vibration and crank  speed are all? i find,.  i will look into these later this
fall , as i have  other pressing issues in my shop at the moment.  i have a
large "care  package" of new parts to finish it with after i paint it.
by the way , it ran great at 65mph (gps measured) for about 3 miles , then
a burst up to @90 with no ill effects. this was on a straight country road
near  home.
this car looks like the one i had new in 64...so it is special to me.
so i am building my confidence in it , because i am going nuts here not
having a corvair to drive! in fact , this year was the first time ever i did
not  have a corvair at our recall...which upset me (the corvair guru??)
tremendously!   so look out next year!
regards, tim colson  back to work (on someone else's stuff!).
63 rampy group RED  (exasperating!)
64 A/C coupe  on the road again...
64 greenbrier   someday (it is close!)
61 lakewood   (saved from the crusher by a school bodywork class)  someday
not too far off..

 i hope to write lots more soon on the CNYCC site.   cnycorvair.com.