<VV> What have you done to stop your engine from pinging?

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 6 11:47:48 EDT 2009

On a 110/manual, I tried the "mill the step out" procedure, along with
octane cutting the pistons to compensate for the higher compression milling
the head would cause. The result was that it STILL needed premium gas. Not
that it would knock on regular, but that it developed horrible dieseling
problems. The crap we get for gas today, with corn ethenol in it, precludes
any advantage that the "mill the step out" procedure might have had.

-Mark

Also,