<VV> Valve adjustment diagnosis

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 6 12:32:47 EDT 2009

I was told just recently that adjusting the carbs with a valve that
is too tight or too loose is basicly a fools errand.  I have a little
over five thousand miles on the rebuild and don't suspect that this
is a problem, but what symptoms would I be looking/listening for that
would indicate that there is something amiss?  I'm running dual
exhausts on the 110 and I can hear a slight difference in the exhaust
cadence and note as the right side sounds healthy and the right less
so.  Both heads were cleaned and rebuilt with new springs during the
rebuild by the club member who did the original rebuild, but the left
head was a replacement for the original that was destroyed when my
brother sabotaged the engine.

Stephen Upham