<VV> Heat and Vapor Lock

Vairtec at optonline.net Vairtec at optonline.net
Mon Jul 6 22:07:05 EDT 2009

You have gotten several replies to help you determine whether your
car is exhibiting vapor lock or clogged fuel sock or otherwise an
impeded fuel flow.

For this reply, we will make the assumption that it is indeed vapor lock.

Are all the engine shrouding and perimeter seals in place?  I cannot
begin to count the number of Corvairs I see that, when you open the
deck lid, you can look down to the ground behind the engine.  This
allows heated engine air to recirculate back into the engine
compartment, exacerbating heat-related problems, including vapor lock.

--Bob