<VV> Heat and Vapor Lock

Ron ronh at owt.com
Mon Jul 6 21:59:40 EDT 2009

I sincerely doubt that it's vapor lock.  Gas tank venting or the lack of it
is much more likely.  In my experience, Corvairs won't vapor lock while
running as the top of the engine stays at near to ambient temperature all
the time it's running.  If you're using carburetor insulators, the carbs
will stay comfortable to touch while operating.  I've run with stock fuel
pumps in ambient temperatures of 115 degrees numerous times and haven't had
ever had a vapor lock.  Look somewhere else.
RonH