<VV> electrical issues-not Corvair, 1982 F150

lonzovair at aol.com lonzovair at aol.com
Tue Jul 7 01:02:25 EDT 2009

Hey guys,
I've got a gremlin I can't figure out, so I figured I'd ask the Oracle... yeah, thats YOU GUYS....
1982 F150 power windows... this is the $300 truck that Sarah bought with her graduation money last year... I thought the window?motor had stopped, so I got another... went to install and I tested the old one at the battery... it works, so I try the switch. It works ONLY in UP position... I remove switch and turn it upside down and plug it in, it still only works rolling up the window... so I'm guessing a wire? A fuse would stop all power, and the switch would only work one way if it was broke, right? Turning it upsidedown would make it work the other direction if it was the switch, right?
What should I do next?
I don't know which contacts in the switch operate what on the plug... any ideas?
I can attach the wires of the new one to the plug and it does the same thing... up, no down.
HELP!
Private replies, since I don't want to clutter the list with non-Corvair stuff, but this DOES slow down my Corvair parts hauling abilities, since the door panel is off and the glass is flopping. It means I have to drive the 64 700....
:-)
Thanks everyone!
Lonzo... doesn't care for waterpumpers too much...